During Your Visit
What to Expect During Your Stay at The Ridge
Clients should expect to be busy and adhere to the schedule. In order to maximize your stay and the experience of everyone at The Ridge we ask that you minimize delay and interruptions. It is our goal for each client to gain the most out of the residential program with a focus on recovery at all times. This will be a great experience for you. Get ready to change your life!
Daily programming starts promptly at 8:00 AM immediately following breakfast Monday-Friday. (Later on Saturday/Sunday). Clients will be given a copy of the detailed daily schedule with their admissions papers. An additional copy can always be found posted on the information board at The Ridge for reference as needed.
A typical day includes
- Intensive clinical therapy and groups
- Nutrition and meals
- Recreation every day
- Support group meetings
- Educational Classes
Intensive Clinical and Therapy Groups
Each day will have several therapeutic groups such as:
- Education and process groups
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- Literature review
- One on one counselor/psychiatrist/doctor
Nutrition and Meals
As part of our addiction recovery process, we provide hearty meals, intended to provide patients with the restorative nutrition that they need to get well. The importance of nutrition in addiction recovery is well known, as patients typically suffer from a lack of consistent vitamins and nutrients that the body needs to stay healthy. We provide delicious, balanced meals for each of our patients to support whole-body nutrition in addiction recovery. The Ridge will try to reach a balance between clients’ dietary restrictions and reparative nutrition as best as possible, and reasonable menu variations with the recovery diet can be made.
- Meals are prepared for you three times a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Healthy snacks are available anytime
- Chef will post the menu weekly
- Clients have the option to select alternative meals if they cannot eat the main entrée for that day
- Cooking classes to teach how to cook nutritious and delicious food
Recreation Every Day
We facilitate frequent exercise periods during The Ridge program since we feel it correlates to a more hopeful, engaged patient who has a better chance to achieve long-term sobriety. In addition to overall health benefits, exercise can also be a good life pattern for patients to adopt post-treatment and, in effect, reduce the chances of relapse.
- Visits to the YMCA five times weekly
- 1.5 hours of recreation every day
- Extensive ground for strolling. Volleyball, swimming, sports etc.
- You go at your own pace recommendations by your doctor/counselors
Leisure and Relaxation
Leisure and relaxation time are provided. There are many opportunities to enjoy yourself and your time while reflecting on the hard work and progress you are making during recovery.
- Reading, journaling, and meditation
- TV times are available
- Games, great conversation, and building friendships
- Offsite events, such as movies and family time, 12 step meetings , support groups, and more
- A phone is available at scheduled times for outbound calls
Family Involvement and Visitation
At The Ridge, family involvement is encouraged. During your stay, there will be multiple family involvement options. Exercising these options is completely at the discretion of the patient.
The Ridge’s family program is one aspect which sets us apart from other centers. We facilitate weekly family sessions and every other Saturday visits.
- Family night every Tuesday from 4 PM – 7 PM
- Every Saturday is for family visitation and lunch
- Family lecture groups for education
- Family involvement in the Alumni program
- Daily outbound calling available
- Letters and care packages (No food please)
- Children are welcome, but on our family night, we have a guest speaker who talks frankly about addiction and recovery. Please inquire as to the topic ahead of time. Parental discretion may be advised.