Embarking on the journey of recovery can often be accompanied by feelings of uncertainty, curiosity, and even fear of the unknown. If you’re considering rehab at The Ridge Ohio, it’s natural to wonder about what to expect. This facility, renowned for its comprehensive and personalized addiction treatment programs, is steadfastly dedicated to helping individuals overcome substance use disorders and achieve lasting sobriety. In this article, we’ll guide you through what you can expect during your time at The Ridge Ohio – from the initial evaluation and detoxification process, to individualized therapy, and onto aftercare planning. Our aim is to demystify the rehab experience at this facility, providing a clearer picture of your journey towards a healthier, sober life. Whether it’s your first time seeking help or you’re recommitting to recovery, understanding what lies ahead can empower you to make the most of your time at The Ridge Ohio.
What To Expect During Addiction Treatment
You may be wondering what to expect during addiction treatment at The Ridge. Clients should expect to be busy and stick to a fixed schedule to maintain a sober lifestyle. Transitioning to a sober lifestyle requires self-reflection, work, and a commitment to building new habits that support a sober lifestyle.
Nutrition and Meals
As part of the treatment process, we provide well-balanced meals that provide the restorative nutrition you need for recovery. The importance of nutrition in addiction recovery is well known because people with long-term alcohol or drug addiction problems typically do not maintain a consistent, well-balanced diet that includes the vitamins and nutrients that the body needs to stay healthy. The Ridge strives to reach a balance between your dietary restrictions and reparative nutrition. You can request reasonable menu variations as needed. During your stay, you can expect:
- Three fresh, healthy meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Healthy snacks to be available anytime.
- The option to select alternative meals if you cannot eat the main entrée for the day.
- To participate in weekly cooking classes designed to teach you how to cook nutritious and delicious meals.
Nutrition is the foundation of good health, and we hope you leave The Ridge capable of maintaining a healthy diet that supports ongoing sobriety.
Leisure and Relaxation
During treatment at The Ridge, you will have some – but not a lot – of leisure time. There are many opportunities to enjoy yourself and your time while reflecting on the hard work and progress you make during recovery. Some of these opportunities include:
- Reading, journaling, and meditation
- Hikes around the property
- Fishing in our stocked pond
- Swimming or relaxing poolside
- Watching TV
- Games, great conversation, and building friendships
- Offsite events, such as movies, family time, 12 step meetings, and visits to support groups
Exercise and Recreation
We offer frequent opportunities to exercise during your treatment program. When you get exercise every day, you’re likely to become more hopeful about and engaged in your treatment, which increases your chance of achieving long-term sobriety. In addition to overall health benefits, exercise can also be a good habit for you to adopt post-treatment. Adding sober-friendly habits and routines to your daily life reduces the chances of relapse.
During your time at The Ridge, you can expect:
- 3 visits a week from a fitness instructor
- Access to an onsite fitness center
- 1.5 hours of daily recreation
- Access to ample acreage for hiking or strolling
- Time to play volleyball, go swimming, or participate in other recreational sports
- A fully stocked fishing pond for your use
- A basketball and pickleball court
Family Involvement and Visitation
At The Ridge, family involvement is encouraged. During your stay, there will be multiple family involvement options. Exercising these options is completely at the discretion of the patient.
Our family program sets us apart from other rehab centers. We believe family involvement is an important part of the addiction recovery process. The Ridge provides many opportunities for your family to visit and get involved including:
- Family programming every Tuesday from 4 PM – 7 PM and Saturday from 9 AM – 12 PM.
- A weekly support group for family members.
- Family lecture groups for education about addiction and treatment.
- Family involvement in the Alumni program.
- Ability to send letters and care packages (no food please).
- Daily outbound calling to loved ones is available.
Children are welcome to all family sessions, but on our family night, we have a guest speaker who talks frankly about addiction and recovery. Please inquire about the topic ahead of time, as parental discretion may be advised.
Get Started Today At The Top Rated Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center In Cincinnati Ohio
Navigating the path of recovery may seem daunting, but the right guidance and support can significantly smooth your journey. At The Ridge Ohio, a dedicated team of experienced professionals stands ready to assist you every step of the way. As you transition from an existence influenced by substance abuse to a life of health and sobriety, you’ll gain invaluable tools and insights that equip you for a future of sustained recovery. Remember, every individual’s path to recovery is unique – and understanding what to expect from your rehab experience is a significant part of embracing the transformative process. With your commitment and The Ridge Ohio’s tailored approach to drug rehab in Cincinnati Ohio, you’re poised to reclaim your life and enjoy the freedom and joy that comes with sobriety. Follow this link to start the admissions process for residential addiction treatment.