We are committed to ensuring you have the information you need to safely access our addiction services. We are still accepting patients at this time. Covid-19 Info.

Residential Drug Rehab Akron

Akron, Ohio Residential Drug Rehab

Akron, Ohio, has been facing an opiate epidemic for the past several years. Ever since the creation and mass production of prescription painkillers, these medications have been overused and abused, leading to dependence, addiction, and overdose deaths. Today, the problem has evolved into an opiate addiction epidemic, with individuals getting high not just on prescription pills, but fentanyl, heroin, and even large animal drugs as well.

What started for most as effective pain relief medication for real conditions has turned into a nationwide addiction epidemic that affects large cities, small towns, suburbs, and rural areas alike. Prescription painkillers are addicting, and when not used properly, users experience cravings to get high, which leads them to use more and more of the medications and turn to other drugs, like heroin, to get high. Heroin is known for being a dangerous and addicting street drug, causing users to become completely controlled by it and many of them overdosing and dying trying to get a better high.

Akron Inpatient Drug Rehab Resources

Drug addiction and overdose statistics in Akron and Summit County are improving, largely due to education and treatment programs that are now available. Treatment for opiate addiction requires withdrawal, often with the help of symptom-managing medications and even opiate replacement drugs. The Ridge offers a medication-assisted detox program that helps reduce or eliminate painful withdrawal symptoms and helps individuals concentrate on developing skills they need to remain sober.

The Ridge is a residential treatment center located just outside of Cincinnati. We offer a variety of treatment models that are designed specifically for each client, and we are fully licensed and skilled at helping individuals learn how to sustain a sober lifestyle. The Ridge is equipped to help those struggling with opiate addiction, as well as alcoholism and addiction to other drugs.

Drug Use in Akron

 Drug use statistics in the Akron area and all of Ohio are troubling. According to the Summit County Public Health:

2016 was the worst year on file for opiate overdoses and deaths in the county:

  • There were 2,431 total drug overdoses treated at Summit County emergency rooms in 2016. 575 of those were in Akron, the rest in the suburbs.

Numbers are currently holding steady and even decreasing, but are still at alarming levels:

  • Unintentional overdose deaths in 2017 have decreased by about 100 compared to 2016.
  • In 2017, there were 299 overdose deaths among Summit County residents, along with 41 others who lived outside the county.
  • The county sees an average of 5 overdoses a day.
  • Today, Akron makes up 60% of all overdoses in the county, while suburban communities make up the remaining 40%.
  • 49% of overdoses in the county are by people ages 18-34. Men make up 58% of overdoses.
Heroin is known for being a dangerous and addicting street drug, causing users to become completely controlled by it and many of them overdosing and dying trying to get a better high.

Residential Addiction Treatment at The Ridge 

There are many resources available for communities looking to prevent opiate addiction and help educate the public about this dangerous trend:

Prevention Action Alliance

Summit County Community Partnership

Project DAWN

Addiction treatment at a qualified residential rehab facility is the best way to overcome this serious disease. Residential treatment allows the individual to get away from the stress and pressures of life, as well as poor influences and negative relationships. During treatment, the individual is immersed in one-on-one treatment, group therapy, and support groups, and encouraged to focus on sober living. The health of the body, mind, and spirit are all important, and exercise, healthy eating, rest, and relaxation are part of the recovery process.

The Ridge Treatment Center’s programming is physician-directed, and we employ a team of doctors, nurses, therapists, counselors, addictionologists, and nutritionists to help our clients achieve sustained recovery. We offer a completely customized treatment experience for each of our clients, and a full assessment upon enrollment ensures individuals are provided with the specific services they require for full healing. The Ridge is Joint Commission certified, which means we are held to the highest standards for service and safety. We work with all major insurance companies and our programming is covered as an out of network provider.

If you are looking for residential treatment for addiction to opiates or other substance, we can help.

Get Help Today! 513.804.2204