Treatment Programs: The Ridge Professionals Program
By professionals, for professionals. We’ve offered support and addiction treatment for licensed professionals such as lawyers, doctors, pilots, nurses, executives, and others since 2011.
Integrated Treatment for the Whole Person
This program is specifically designed to meet the high standards of clinical excellence recognized by professional boards, monitoring agencies, and licensing associations.
We know when you read the words “treatment for the whole person”, you probably think we mean our programs are designed to support your overall health and wellbeing – and you’re right. But if you have a high-demand, high-expectation job to which you’ve dedicated years of education, training, and hard work, we know how important that job is to you. We know it’s not only what you do for money. It may be your calling. It may be your reason for being.
Being good at your job may be your mission in life.
That’s why it’s impossible for you to separate your job from your general health and wellbeing: it’s your identity. For some of you reading this, your current professional position is something you’ve dreamed about since you were a kid: it’s not only what you do, it’s who you are.
But your addiction threatens that. Active addiction to alcohol or drugs can undermine all the time in school, the years on the job, the internships and residencies, the extra training, and everything it took to get you where you are today.
That’s why treatment for the whole person has a special meaning in our professionals program: as we work to rehabilitate you and help you recover from addiction, we work with you and the appropriate organizations to protect, preserve, and rehabilitate your professional career.
Admissions Criteria: The Ridge Professional Program
We create a unique peer environment with an exclusive membership. To enroll in this program, you must meet the following criteria. You must be:
- A medical professional: Physician, nurse, nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant, etc.
- Employed in a profession that requires strict licensure: Lawyer, CPA, pilot, etc.
- A C-Level executive: CEO, COO, CIO, CFO, etc.
- A vice-president level professional: VP Sales, VP Marketing, etc.
- A director-level professional: Director of Finance, Director of HR, etc.
- An owner: You own a business, an organization, or other entity.
- A professional in a position with significant managerial responsibility: You’re responsible for setting and managing budgets, managing others, hiring and firing, representing your company or organization to the public, etc.
If you don’t see your occupation on the list but think you qualify, call us today and we’ll determine if your profession meets our criteria for inclusion.
Our Treatment Approach: Professionals Program
Addiction is a disease that responds positively to evidence-based treatment, lifestyle changes, education, and in some cases, medication. Experienced addiction treatment providers no longer see addiction as a character flaw, a moral failing, or the result of a lack of willpower: those days are long gone. The foundation of our professionals program is the fact that addiction is a chronic medical condition that responds well to appropriate treatment.
In that way, it’s similar to other chronic conditions, such as hypertension or diabetes, which also respond well to treatment that includes specific therapies, lifestyle changes, education, and in some cases, medication.
The first step in recovery in our professionals program is a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment performed by a comprehensive team including two addictionologists, an internist, a psychiatrist, and licensed counselors. This treatment team gets to know you, your personal history, your addiction history, your medical history, and your treatment goals. Based on this assessment, they collaborate with you to create a custom treatment plan with a diverse array of treatment modalities that leverage your strengths and support your specific needs.
Treatment modalities in our professionals program include:
- Individual therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Group therapy:
- Group CBT
- Family therapy:
- Family visits and participation are a core element of our professionals program
- Educational classes and workshops:
- The science of addiction
- Relapse management
- Effective communication
- Anger management
- Complementary therapies:
Since each person is different, each person will participate in a different set of therapies derived from those listed above. If yoga doesn’t work for you, we’ll find something that does. If CBT doesn’t help you, your therapist will work with you to find an approach that does. Your path through treatment is not set in stone: we’re results-oriented, and we’ll work with you to find a combination of treatment modalities that give you the greatest chance at treatment success.
Our Advantage: Why Professionals See The Ridge as Their Rehab of Choice
Here’s what professionals say they like about treatment at The Ridge:
The Treatment Environment:
- A 27-bed facility located on a secluded, 51-acre, luxury estate
- Traditional architecture with modern amenities including:
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor eating/recreation area
- Access to greenspace
- Walking trail
- Nutritious meals prepared by an on-site gourmet chef
- Evidence-based programming led by two board-certified addictionologists
- Designed by professionals, for professionals
The Peer Group:
- Professional groups focused on professional issues
The Aftercare Program:
- All residential programs at The Ridge include a year of professional support after program completion
- After treatment, we welcome all participants into our close-knit, nationwide alumni community support system
The Family Component:
- We educate families on the disease of addiction, help families repair damage caused by addiction, and teach families how they can support their loved one on their recovery journey, during and after their time in treatment.
Collaboration With Professional Organizations:
- We’re an approved provider for many state sponsored physician health programs, lawyer assistance programs, and professional boards
- We update monitoring agencies on treatment progress to help preserve or restore your professional life or career
We understand how important it is to receive effective treatment that creates real change in your life. If you’re a busy professional, you need a program that gives you real tools you can use in real time in real life situations. Everything we do in our Professionals Program is designed to support your timely return to your work and your family.
Recovery for Life
You can restore balance to your life, connect with a supportive community of like-minded peers, heal your relationships, and get back to doing all the things you love doing – including your job. All this is possible, and it’s not magic: it all happens because of our commitment to evidence-based, effective treatment for addiction, and your commitment to healing yourself.
Long-term, sustained sobriety is possible. At The Ridge, we know how to set you on the path to a better tomorrow: let us be your guide.