General Signs of Addiction
binära optioner omx
- Changes in personal appearance—disheveled condition, the smell of alcohol or substances on the breath or on clothes, bloodshot eyes, sometimes noticeable weight loss or weight gain.
- Change in personal lifestyle, inability to complete work, absence from work or school.
- Mood swings, irritability, drastic change in personality, trouble with the law.
- For both drug and alcohol use, continuing substance abuse if someone has mentioned that there may be a problem, or expresses concern. Being defensive or justifying substance use / abuse.
Differences between Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- An increased need for privacy, placing locks on doors, or hiding personal items.
- Paranoia, withdrawal from routine, irritability and distancing oneself from family and friends.
- A change in personal appearance, noticeable attempts to cover legs, arms, or trying to disguise odors on clothes.
- An excessive need for money, evidence of stealing, or mounting debt.
- Frequent use of alcohol, binge drinking, using alcohol to “escape problems”.
- Being under the influence of alcohol while driving, operating machinery, or engaging in otherwise dangerous behaviors.
- Receiving a DUI or experiencing other legal issues related to alcohol.
- Frequently drinking either socially, or alone. Routinely getting ‘blackout’ drunk, or becoming uncontrollable under the influence of alcohol.